As businesses across the world prepare to re-open and expand online, there’s an even bigger need for customers to get in touch with businesses to ask questions, get information or find something they might like to buy.
And in the wake of this development, we’re bringing to our enterprise clients leveraging WhatsApp Business API + WhatsApp Chatbot to explore 2 new ways of connecting with their customers – QR Code and Short links!https://youtu.be/piF62QEZLlQ
QR Codes to WhatsApp
Starting today, customers can scan QR codes in WhatsApp to start conversations with businesses. So, if your customers need to reach you for customer support, to ask a question or order something, instead of manually entering your WhatsApp business phone number, they can scan a QR code from a receipt, a business display at the storefront, a product or even posted on the web, in order to connect with your company.
This is the first time WhatsApp Business users can get to share details by sharing codes rather than manually entering phone numbers. And businesses also get a chance to place prefilled messages that can contain up to 140 characters of text.
Well, that is now getting business-class treatment for businesses!
For QR Codes, there’ll be two applications on the WhatsApp Business API:
- Using QR Codes, customers can open a conversation with a business. Place QR codes on product packaging, receipts/invoices, at your storefront and other physical or digital surfaces to respond to customer-initiated questions, such as pre-sales inquiries or post-purchase support. QR codes provide an easy and contactless way for customers to stay connected with a business during COVID.
- Using QR Codes, businesses can Collect opt-in for transactional notifications:
There are many ways to obtain Whatsapp opt-in from your customers. But this could perhaps be the easiest of them all. Businesses can now obtain opt-in from their customers for notifications via QR codes and/or short links. Businesses will still need to adhere to the below requirements:
- Clearly state that a person is opting in to receive messages from the business over WhatsApp
- Clearly state the business’ name that a person is opting in to receive messages from
- Comply with applicable law
Scan to connect with Yellow.ai
Short Links on WhatsApp
With the addition of short links, WhatsApp is making it simpler for businesses to share the catalogs of their products as links on websites, Facebook, Instagram, and anywhere they want. The total number of QR codes and short links associated with a single WhatsApp Business Account phone number cannot exceed 2000. But hey, 2K short links are a lot! And to get the conversation going, the new short links enable prefilled messages associated with a link!
Short links are an improved solution for embedding links because:
- Pre-filled messages associated with a short link can be edited or deleted at any time
- Phone numbers are masked in short links, only a random code appears in the URL
- Pre-filled message syntax does not need to be included in the short link URL
Give our short link a spin: https://wa.me/message/DHYDYMPUBT3VG1
What does this update mean for enterprises?
Today, there are over 50 million WhatsApp Business app users. To help them and the thousands of larger businesses on the WhatsApp Business API get discovered, these two feature updates are surfacing at the right time, at the right place.
As the economy opens up globally, and customers look out for their favorite businesses, business discovery and the ability to connect with them is going to be of paramount importance. Go ahead and give these two features upgrades a spin!
Articles Related to WhatsApp Business
- Redirect leads from Facebook to WhatsApp Chatbot
- Leverage WhatsApp Business API for E-commerce
- D2C Customer Lifecycle through Conversational Commerce
- Payments Using WhatsApp
- WhatsApp opt-in rules have changed
- 6 Applications of WhatsApp Chatbots in Banking & Finance
- Empowering Shoppers via AI-Powered Retail Assistant on WhatsApp
- Case Study on SayurBox Whatsapp Assistant
- WhatsApp Business Notification Guide
- 6 Ways WhatsApp Chatbots can Improve Customer Experience
- WhatsApp’s must-have template for Marketers
- WhatsApp Business API
- FAQs on WhatsApp Chatbot Integration
- Click to WhatsApp from Ads & QR Codes