Yellow.ai, a Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and Bangalore, India-based provider of conversational AI solutions to enterprises across Asia, raised $4m in Series A funding.
The round was led by Lightspeed Venture Partners and prominent angel investors including:
– Anand Swaminathan, Senior Partner, McKinsey & Co.;
– Nishant Rao, Former MD, Linkedin India;
– Monisha Varadan of Zephyr Ventures;
– Alap Bharadwaj, GM for APAC innovation, Google among others.
The company plans to use the funds to:
– further its deep tech capabilities,
– expand its customer success teams and
– deeper presence in high-potential markets across Asia, the Middle East, and other emerging markets.
Led by Raghu Ravinutala, CEO, Rashid Khan, CPO, and Jaya Kishore Reddy Gollareddy, CTO, Yellow.ai is a conversational AI platform that allows enterprises to boost efficiency and growth by offering always-on, intelligent conversational automation on text and voice across multiple channels like WhatsApp, Google assistant, Alexa, Web, and mobile apps.
The company currently serves more than 10 industries including retail, travel & hospitality, banking, pharma & healthcare, energy, and consumer goods.
Clients include Unilever, FWD Insurance, Public Bank of Malaysia, AXA, Allianz, Asian Paints, Concentrix, and many other large companies across Asia.
Yellow.ai has also built partnerships with several technology majors including Microsoft, SAP, Cisco, and Accenture.