Bots are not new. Developers have been building bots for automating their tasks since the early 2000s. Chatbots have developed from being simple FAQ answering portals to now being able to successfully hold natural, humanistic conversations, which is a tremendous deal when it comes to customer service. You wouldn’t want to talk to a chatbot that is simply a ‘click bot’. No one does. Now, with the enormous adoption of chat and voice bots in the last 2-3 years, it has become very important that chatbots not only act as a layer of conversation but also help businesses in building and improving their processes and systems.
But how do you monitor complex chatbots’ workings and conversations to improve customer experience and internal processes every step of the way?
With user journey visualization – Giving businesses visibility into how their users are moving inside the bot, what are they talking about & why, where they are dropping off, and what intents they are triggering during the user lifecycle.
We’re super happy to bring to you : User Journey Visualization.
With our newly built User Journey Visualization, businesses have more data points around the customer experience they are providing. User journey visualization makes those areas of business processes in the bot visible where there is room for optimization leading to maximum conversion. With this, enterprises can now :
- See how users are moving inside the bot.
- Identify major points where users are dropping off or changing paths.
- Build hypothesis for what their users are doing and why
- Improve conversation design and business processes
- Improve chatbot engagement & intent completion
How can user journey visualization help you improve customer experience?
Step 1: Identify Gaps and major drop-off points
- Understanding the user journey requires you to study how your users move through the conversation funnel. This analysis helps you identify areas where your users leave that funnel. For example:
- Once you’ve identified the gaps in the user journey, you can take a more detailed look at how the business process around the intent is structured at each stage.
- There might be a step in the process, which is very complicated and that’s where the majority of the users are dropping off. Or it could be the case that the business process is so long, very few people are able to complete it.
Step 2: Make changes to the conversational design
- As you gain clarity about the problem in the conversation funnel, one can make changes to the way things are shown to the user in the bot.
- Eliminate steps which are complicated and unnecessary.
- Build the main menu in a way that most of the users don’t have to search for the intent they came on the bot for.
Step 3:Figure out if the improved conversation flow is working (and what isn’t)
- Let people use the bot for a week
- Come back and see if the conversion funnels have improved from the last week or not.
- Check the CSAT score for users who used the chatbot in the last 7 days as compared to past data.
Step 4: Go to step 1
The road to better customer experience begins with fast experimentation. User journey visualization enables you to identify those gaps with a bird’s eye view, which further empowers you to alter the conversational design/business process.
Gain a competitive advantage by using Yellow.ai’s User journey visualization.
Book your demo today!