Modern enterprises are quick to acknowledge that employees are their biggest assets. There are many research reports that talk about how employee motivation is directly proportional to employee output. You’ll be surprised to know that what motivates employees is not compensation.
According to a Harvard Business Review on 'How Company Culture Shapes Employee Motivation' by Lindsay McGregor and Neel Doshi; there are three motivations for why employees work:
- Play is when you are motivated by the work itself. You work because you enjoy it. A teacher at play enjoys the core activities of teaching — creating lesson plans, grading tests, or problem-solving how to break through to each student. Play is our learning instinct, and it’s tied to curiosity, experimentation, and exploring challenging problems.
- Purpose is when the direct outcome of the work fits your identity. You work because you value the work’s impact. For example, a teacher-driven by purpose values or identifies with the goal of educating and empowering children.
- Potential is when the outcome of the work benefits your identity. In other words, the work enhances your potential. For example, a teacher with potential may be doing his job because he eventually wants to become a principal.
And the good news is that conversational AI can help boost motivation differently for different employees, identify gaps and issues, report to management in-time and lead to keeping the balance and harmony of enterprise business goals and employee motivators. AI-powered Cognitive Digital Assistants have become increasingly prevalent in customer-facing functions such as customer support, marketing, and sales. But, the scope of automation doesn't end there. Cognitive Digital Assistants are a great fit for internal business functions such as Human Resources Department, IT Support, Procurement and more. In this white paper, we’ll dig deeper into how Conversational AI is saving the day for employees and employers.
Whether it’s enrolling for employee benefits, applying for leaves, completing training, booking team meetings, filing and processing reimbursements and even tracking employee satisfaction and predicting churn; HR Digital Assistants can assist employees every step of the way, on-demand.
Cognitive Cloud Engagement and HR
The introduction of cognitive digital assistants in the HR business function helps improve the overall work quality of HR executives. It reduces the number of repetitive tasks from the HR task pool and helps team members work on more strategic and analytical tasks.
Given below are a few of the many instances, where we can see inefficient HR processes at play in modern enterprises:
Repetitive Tasks: HR executives typically spend a large proportion of time handling manual tasks, such as answering basic employee queries, drafting time-log spreadsheets, managing payroll calculations, etc.
Recruitment: Substandard recruitment process due to lack of information or miscommunication on part of the HR executives.
Manual: Manual data entry always holds the possibility of human errors, which reduces the overall quality of the data.
Unoptimized: Existing workflows and resource allocation are not optimized leading to higher costs and lower revenue for the business.
Unproductive Processes: Processes are not suited to handle the dynamic work requirements that largely vary from each other, thereby impacting the overall employee experience.
Outdated and Blanket Workflows: The use of outdated workflows to handle employee rewards, incentives and benefits reduces the overall efficiency.
Untraceable Employee Pulse: Lack of holistic employee evaluation and tax management structures.
Benefits of Enabling Cognitive HR Digital Assistants
Observe More: A Cognitive HR Digital Assistant takes the place of an employee’s first friend at the office. Other than grapevine, it has all other information to give to new-joiners. As a friend, not only can it inform employees on what they need, but also observe their actions and preferences and collect informal feedback throughout their journey within your enterprise.
Empower Everyone: A Cognitive HR Digital Assistant empowers both, the employee and employer, from taking the load-off by automating scheduling interviews and meetings, sending friendly reminders to keep employees abreast of policies and benefits, payroll and taxes, leaves and grants.
Nurture Growth: Cognitive HR Digital Assistants can track an employee’s career & personal goals, design a training path and notify them when relevant programs are launched. It can even refer employees for internal transfer, and in modern enterprises, also drive ice-breaker programs like cross-team notifications on colleague’s birthday, anniversaries, etc.
Measure Behaviour: Cognitive HR Digital Assistants love crunching numbers and help the management understand their employees inside-out. It has a knack for solving analytical problems at scale. And yes, you can also teach the cognitive digital assistant additional metrics, above and beyond what it comes pre-trained with.
Predict Actions: Cognitive HR Digital Assistants use the above data via complex neural networks to identify trends and predict employees who may need special attention, thereby helping you control attrition before it happens. Isn’t it just awesome?
Report Smarter: A Cognitive HR Digital Assistant not only identifies the problem but also provides data-driven insights to fix them. For example: which demographic of employees are most critical? Should you spend more on benefits, training or engagement? And much more. It comes equipped with a dashboard where you can view the tasks assigned to the HR team and collaborate to take real action on it.
8 ways Cognitive Digital Assistants can transform your HR Function
Let's dive into 8 ways Yellow Messenger's Cognitive Digital Assistants can transform your HR Function
Human capital is often regarded as a company’s greatest asset. If a company hires smart people, more than half of its work is done. Here’s when Cognitive HR Digital Assistants come in handy and can help simplify the task of matching applicants’ skills with requirements. And narrowing down the pool of applications to a selected few resumes. This helps the hiring managers to connect only with the rightful top-cohort candidates, thereby improving the efficiency and speed of recruitment.
Here’s how a Cognitive HR Digital Assistant can contribute towards smart recruitment:
- Send offers on multiple platforms and probe the candidate in conversations
- Schedule interviews and meetings by accessing multiple calendars and other systems at the backend
- Answer FAQs on company policies, culture, and interview related queries
- Provide post-interview feedback to candidates regardless of results.
- Take interviewer feedback from candidates Send offer letters, call letters and salary contracts.
- Notify employees of new joiners
A Cognitive Digital Assistant sitting over the layer of a Whatsapp Business Account can be effectively used to engage with prospective candidates for the above-mentioned automation action items.
2. Leave Management
On average, a company gives 30 leaves annually. There are 30 instances where a Cognitive HR Digital Assistant can help employees to apply, modify or cancel their leaves in a frictionless manner. It has access to the employee’s past leaves, leave balance, company holiday calendar based on the region and can assist in applying for a leave in a matter of seconds.
Here’s how a Cognitive HR Digital Assistant can contribute towards smart leave management:
- Employees can apply for casual leaves, privilege leaves, and on-duties. They can also automatically update out of office statuses
- Employees can track the number of days they have taken off and check the remaining days that they can avail of leaves
- Managers can approve or decline the requests through the bot, thus saving the time spent on sending out emails, calls or meetings
3. Answering FAQs
Here’s how a Cognitive HR Digital Assistant can contribute towards smart FAQ handling:
- Respond to employee queries in multiple languages
- Available 24/7Give fast and accurate responses through document cognition
- Answer queries on company policies, organization structure, benefits, etc.
- Route complex queries to the HR team for resolution
4. Meeting Scheduler
There is no I in Team and just like that, there’s no business output without collaboration. The Cognitive HR Digital Assistant can help employees schedule meetings on the go. Identifying convenient-to-all meeting time and date is difficult especially when the employees are spread across multiple time zones. With a Cognitive HR Digital Assistant, employees can choose a convenient-to-all meeting time, date, location, and even book calendars. It only blocks time slots based on the availability of all participants and prompts the meeting host if there are any clashes with upcoming holidays or prescheduled meetings to reduce back and forth emails.
Here’s how a Cognitive HR Digital Assistant can contribute towards scheduling smart meetings:
- Enable employees to book meetings anytime
- Recommend suitable meeting slots based on everyone’s availability
- Suggest suitable meeting room venues available on site for the required time slot
- Send meeting invites to all the participants and update their calendar
5. Employee Onboarding
Once the recruitment is done, the next big challenge is to absorb the employees into the company culture and structure at the earliest. Cognitive HR Digital Assistants help make on-boarding a self-serve process as new hires can ask any questions that they may have related to policies, teams, hierarchy, culture and more. It fetches the responses in the back-end from multiple back-end software like Workday, SAP, PeopleStrong, Oracle, HRBerry and more.
Here’s how a Cognitive HR Digital Assistant can contribute towards the pre-onboarding process:
- Answer company and interview related queries
- Take Pre-interview and post-interview feedback
- Handhold candidates till they join, on a platform with high adoption like WhatsAppSchedule interviews for senior management candidates (niche services)
- Send offers on multiple platforms and probe the candidate in conversations Notify on the company announcements and updates till onboarding
Here’s how a Cognitive HR Digital Assistant can contribute towards the onboarding process:
- Assist candidates to fill and upload necessary forms and documents through the chatbot.
- Help candidates to enroll in company programs
- Guide the new hires through the company policies
- Help employees understand the organizational structure and core values
- Take feedback from new hires on the onboarding process.
- Schedule meetings with the manager or team members
- Help employees with required approvals, software access, and machine setup
- Maintain checklist and send notifications on things to do during onboarding
6. Reimbursement Processing
Employees can easily file for reimbursement of bills, team hangouts, medical reimbursements, income tax forms and more, with the help of a Cognitive HR Digital Assistant. It comes power-packed with OCR capabilities, which enabled it to scan uploaded images and store them in the database for further processing by the concerned team.
Here’s how Cognitive HR Digital Assistant can contribute towards smart reimbursement processing:
- Collect relevant employee information through forms and questionnaires
- Allow employees to upload bills/supporting documents
- Store the documents and data in a centralized location for further processing
- Answer doubts or queries regarding the reimbursement process
- Generate documents like employee certificate, gross salary certificate, etc
7. Payroll Management
Employees can now access information regarding salaries, incentives, bonuses, deductions, and net pay at any time without any hassle. The Cognitive HR Digital Assistant can respond to employee queries instantaneously by understanding the context and pulling data from multiple backend sources.
Here’s how a Cognitive HR Digital Assistant can contribute towards smart payroll management:
- Draft the payroll by calculating the clocked-in hours for the working days and tax deducted for each employee
- Issue pay-slips on time
- Manage tax reimbursement documents
8. Employee Analytics
Once a quarter review is not enough when employees are charged with changes and emotions every day. The traditional review process is ineffective and can more often than not, be unpredictable in nature. Cognitive HR Digital Assistants allow for the instant exchange of feedback and performance insights that allow employees to constantly be the best at what they do. And more than that, predict attrition, churn, bad management and save enterprise a whole lot more.
Here’s how a Cognitive HR Digital Assistant can contribute towards smart employee analytics reporting:
- Calculate employee turnover rate, retention rate, employee NPS, excitement score and diversity ratios
- Calculate the percentage of employees looking for an internal transfer
- Maintain job referral percentage and notify the hiring managers periodically
- Keep up-to-date on pay gap analysis
yellow.ai is a leading CX Automation Platform helping businesses to build chatbots and voicebots to automate support, sales, marketing, HR, ITSM, in 100+ languages, across 35+ channels